Skip to main content

PDF


Title: Bedford Oolite aquifer wells history to September 1989
Author: National Rivers Authority Anglian Region
Document Type: Monograph
Abstract:
Two licences of right existed in the north Bedford. The first existed near the River Great Ouse at the Clapham Pumping Station operated by Anglian Water (AW) (Licence no. 6/33/11/22). This consisted of two wells with headings and collecting galleries in the Oolitic Limestone, constructed between 1867 and 1928. The second was situated 950 m east of the first at Park Road North and is operated by Charles Wells Ltd., (CWL) (Licence no. 6/33/11/14), a brewery and major employer in the town. At that dates from around 1903 and was 24 metres deep.
Publisher: National Rivers Authority
Publication Date: 1989
Publication Place: Peterborough
Subject Keywords: Water abstractionWater abstraction licensesWellsWater useWater resources
Geographic Keywords: Bedfordshire
Extent: 10; + figures
Permalink: http://www.environmentdata.org/archive/ealit:3588
Total file downloads: 62

Download PDF    Display PDF in separate tab